History Of The Team
Nailsea Basketball compete in the West of England Men’s basketball league. After playing casually as a group of aspiring players, we joined the WEBBA league in 2006-07 in Division 3, and during our inaugural season won 15 games and lost only 1, finishing top of the Division. We went on to win the play-offs, and earned ourselves some lovely silverware together with a promotion to Division 2. In 2007-08, Nailsea finished second place in Division 2 with a record of 10 wins and 4 losses, but went on to win the play-offs to secure the championship title for the second year in a row, and a subsequent promotion to Division 1.
In 0809 Nailsea entered two teams into the WEBBA leagues due to the ever-growing size of the club and an influx of new players. The 1st team entered Division 1, and the newly formed 2nd team entered Division 3. Both teams finished mid table and showed some solid improvements throughout the year, especially considering the challenges they faced entering these divisions.
In the 0910 season the club remained as two teams. The 1st team finished with a record of 10 - 10 in Division 1, closing out the season with an excellent win against the league winners, The Cavs, winning 70 -56. The 2nd team finished mid table in Division 3 with a record of 8 - 12.
In 1011 the Nailsea 1st team re-located to Winterbourne and Nailsea remained as a single team in Division 3. We had an influx of new players and a change in the structure of the team during this period and so the final results were 3 - 13. Although the record is not as positive as it has been the team continues to develop. In the 1112 season Nailsea made improvements, winning 7 games and losing 15.
Nailsea Basketball 1314
- Full 2-hour training sessions for the 1314 season begin officially in August. During the summer (May, June, July) we have a more casual 1-hour session each week to stay active and to give new players a chance to play and potentially look to join the team.
- Please see our message board for more information.
- Training will take place on Wednesday evenings at the newly built Nailsea School Sports Halls
- Full season training will run 7.30 - 9.30pm. Summer training sessions run 8.00 - 9.00pm
- Training will take place every week unless there is a home game, please check the fixtures page for details.
- Home games will be held on a Wednesday at Nailsea School with a 7.45pm tip-off time
- Training sessions are led by Coaches Bob Mason and Brian Gleeson. We run through a variety of offensive and defensive drills, work on shooting, individual skills and team play, and run 5 on 5 later in the session.
If you would like to play for the team in WEBBA games, come to training to try out and see if you want to register to play. Registration costs £25 for insurance etc and then pay £12 per month for training and matches (TBC for 1314 season). Please wear appropriate footwear / clothing to prevent accident or injury.
How to find us
Chairman: Lewis Lippiatt
Secretary and Coach: Brian Gleeson
Treasurer: Matt Nice
Publicity Officer: Simon Baker
Fixtures Officer: Mike Chester
Stats and Website: Simon Baker
Ents Manager: Matt Regan
For more information please email Simon Baker